(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 17, 2005

Good things

  • Being done grading all the papers from my survey classes and 1/3 of the papers from my comp class.
  • Having my survey students work through some really challenging new material in class today, with really good results.
  • Titillating said survey students by getting them into the naughty bits of a work they'd thought was pretty straightlaced. There's just nothing better than cocking an eyebrow and saying, "and did the ground move for you?" before a roomfull of youngsters--and then encouraging them to let their dirty minds run riot as they read the rest of the poem.
  • Watching a sweet Disney fairy tale with my comp class.
  • Having a kick-ass keynote talk all but sewn up.
  • Starting to get follow-up requests from departments with job openings. Booyah!


link | posted by La Lecturess at 9:01 PM |


5 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) commented at 9:35 PM~  

yay!! good day!!!

Blogger RLB commented at 11:12 PM~  

Wow, sounds like you made the most of your writing weekend. Well done! And congrats on your talk and your follow-up requests!

(What Disney movie was it? Or is that info too identifying?)

--Mrs. Prof. B :)

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 12:28 PM~  

RLB--B&B. Which, believe it or not, I'd never seen except as background at my younger cousins' homes, back in the day. Loved it!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:29 PM~  

echoing B* (I mean, really. That was EXACTLY what I was going to write!)

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:37 AM~  

You mean back in the day before the father of said cousins married someone younger than you?

Yeah, I think that's the only time I've seen that movie, too.

-scr

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com