(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Grading meme

Okay, I'm taking Stewgad up on her challenge, since I'm so buried under papers that I don't know when or what I'd be able to post otherwise.

Five things I hate more than grading:
  1. Financial insecurity. I just found out that a) one of my student loans is now in repayment (the others are deferred since I'm registered as a student at INRU for this semester), and b) that the paycheque I finally got from Big Urban still hasn't cleared my account, meaning that I'm getting overdraft charges for the cheques I too eagerly wrote against it.
  2. Non-tenure-track employment. I'm lucky to have this job, I like the school, and I'm enjoying the teaching I'm doing. But teaching 3-4 so that the t-t faculty at Big Urban can teach 2-2? Bullshit.
  3. The direction the Vatican is going. Or should I say, has already gone?
  4. Not getting enough sleep. This one goes hand-in-hand with grading, of course, but I'm just exhausted, all the time, and not very good company. Even when I take time out to see my friends, I feel like it's an effort to be fun. Yesterday I calculated the number of hours per week I'm actually working, and I discovered that in an average week I'm working close to 55 hours. These two paper-grading weeks I'll be working nearly 75.
  5. George W. Bush. 'Nuff said.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 10:46 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com