(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Sofa of destiny

Okay, I take that back about the writing and the hating. Printed out a fresh copy of my chapter and settled in on the sofa--rather than on my bed, where I've been doing most of my hand-edits--and had a GREAT three hours of revising.

Was it the fact that my first five pages were already better than most of the rest of the chapter? Maybe. But I like to think that it was the sofa. Ooh, the sofa. I never work on it any more, and indeed hardly even sit on it, but today it seems to have recharged my mojo. Maybe it's the lovely dragonfly-green shawl/wrap that HK gave me for my birthday, and that is now draped over the back of that 8-year-old, $300, Pier One, faded and rather lopsided sofa that reinvigorated it?

Whatever. Five good pages is better than no good pages.


(BELOW: This--minus the shawl--is where the magic happens)



link | posted by La Lecturess at 12:54 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com