(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 06, 2005

Summer is y-comen in

Yesterday was the first day that really felt like summer around these parts--and it was marvellous, if a little hot. Today, though, the humidity is creeping in and I'm already feeling oppressed. I'd really like not to have to install my airconditioner (read: jury-rig a window ledge support system consisting of four bricks and a bunch of old magazines) yet, but I just don't deal well with humidity.

In my first post-collegiate apartment, which was also here in Major Eastern City, I went for a summer without A/C, and it was bearable--for one thing, I was working ridiculously long hours during the week. On weekends I'd hang out at a coffee shop or library for most of the day, and when I came home I'd sit in a cool bath, read until bedtime, and go to sleep with the fan blowing directly on me. The following summer, though, which I don't think was any hotter than the previous one, I just broke down at the beginning of June and went out and bought the small window unit I've had ever since. It's served me well, apart from the large electric bills it generates and the fact that it makes me feel like a pampered wuss.

(But . . . I really don't think that sitting in a cold bath and TYPING would be a smart alternate solution.)


link | posted by La Lecturess at 12:40 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com