(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Quiz time

Sent to me by Marielle, and seen in slightly different versions around the blogosphere:

1. What is your full name?
Them that knows me knows this.

2. What color pants are you wearing?
None. I'm currently wearing a black cotton skirt from H&M.

3. What are you listening to right now?
Morcheeba, Parts of the Process. And the various neighborhood kidlings being called inside by their parents as it gets dark.

4. What's the last thing you ate?
Frozen pizza. My folks are off at a wedding, so I'm on my own.

5. Do you wish on stars?
No. But I do wish on coins thrown in fountains.

6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Cornflower, cobalt, or indigo.

7. How is the weather right now?
Well, now it's evening. But the last few days it's been around 85 degrees, gorgeous, clear, and with no humidity.

8. Last person you talked to on the phone?
George Washington Boyfriend.

9. Do you like the person who sent you this?
Marielle is the greatest!

10. How old are you today?
Thirty years, five months, and a couple of weeks.

11. Favorite drink?
This is a hard one, since I'm much more of a beverage person than a food person. In the average day I drink a couple of cups of coffee, a glass of juice, and lots of water; often, I have a cocktail at the end of the day. But my favorite drinks involve one of: Gin (G&T, gin gimlet, or martini), Scotch (on the rocks or in a rusty nail), or Campari (with soda, in an americano, or with gin to make a negroni). Ooh, or Champagne!

12. Favorite sport?
I don't play any sports, but I really enjoy most live sporting events (not so big on the televised kind). Baseball and hockey are among my favorites.

13. What color are your eyes?
Blue. (According to a famous old brontosaurus of a professor at INRU, my eyes are "startlingly blue.")

14. Do you wear contacts?
Yes. But just for vision, not for color.

15. Siblings?
One awesome brother, 24.

16. Favorite month?
October.

17. Favorite food?
Salmon. Smoked, broiled, baked; on toast, in eggs, on bagels, encrusted with pistachios--however you prepare it, I'll eat it.

18. Last movie you watched?
I'm just about to watch Dinner at Eight on DVD. (I bought a six-pack of "classic comedies" at Costco the other day, when I was there with my dad.) Last one I saw in the theatre was Wedding Crashers.

19. Favorite day of the year?
Hm. I like Thanksgiving a lot, but I haven't actually spent it with my family in 12 years. So let's say . . . the day after final spring term grades are due!

20. What do you do to vent anger?
Rant. Rave. Sometimes throw (non-breakable) things. I suspect that I'd find smashing glassware to be really satisfying, but then there's a big mess, and I'd feel foolish cleaning up the results of any tantrum. Oh, and I also cry when I'm angry, which really pisses me off.

I don't think I actually have a particularly bad temper, though a cab driver in Grad School City recently insisted that, being half Italian and half Polish, I must have a fierce one.

21. Summer or winter?
Autumn. Then spring. Then summer. I don't really like either summer or winter, but at least it's pretty in the summer and my skin doesn't dry out.

22. Hugs or kisses?
Kisses.

23. Chocolate or vanilla?
Really good French vanilla.

[replacing the next three e-mail related questions with better ones seen elsewhere]
24. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. And I have quite elegant handwriting, if I do say so myself.

25. Red or pink?
Red for lipstick; bright, shocking pink for clothing & accessories.

26. What's the furthest you've been from home?
It's a tie between Japan and Korea (separate trips).

27. What did you do last night?
Worked on Ch. 4.

28. Living arrangement?
Just me, in a studio apartment with a 100-square-foot bathroom and a bathtub dating from probably 1910. Fabulous old brownstone building that could nevertheless stand to be renovated, or at least have the plumbing redone. One rock musician and her boyfriend below me, one rock musician and his pet birds across the hall. All of whom tend to get home at 3 a.m. and yell their goodnights up the stairs to each other. And the walls, let it be said, are rather thin.

29. When was the last time you cried?
Almost cried last week in Advisor's office.

30. What is under your bed?
Back home? Lots of collapsed boxes, a suitcase, my humidifier, some cassette tapes, and two sets of beautiful cloth fans, for dancing purposes.

31. Who is the friend you've had the longest?
Hm. Probably KB, who I played with as a kid, though we went to separate elementary and middle schools and didn't re-meet and become friends until high school.

32. Favorite smell?
Coffee. Vanilla. Gin ("You like gin, don't you? it smells like Christmas!")

33. What are you afriad of?
Violent crimes and painful death. And, of course, of being found out as an intellectual fraud.

34. Popcorn - plain, buttered, or salted?
Buttered and lightly salted.

35. Favorite car?
I do not have, nor do I want a car. But I'd loovvvve a Vespa!

36. Favorite flower?
Lilies.

37. Number of keys on your key ring?
Four: building key, apartment key, office key, and key to a private club I belong to at INRU.

38. Can you juggle?
With scarves, just barely. They move slowly.

39. Favorite day of the week?
Sunday.

40. What did you do on your last birthday?
Threw a fabulous party.

41. How many states have you lived in?
Three.

42. How many cities have you lived in?
Three. Well, one suburb and two cities.

43. How many countries have you lived in?
Just the one.

44. What was the first car you had?
A most excellent 1978 Pontiac station wagon with the bumper sticker, "USS New Jersey BB-62 -- Firepower for Freedom." Completely unlike my dad, and yet, somehow, there it was.

45. Where were you born?
NW City. Or at any rate, a suburb of.

And now~~anyone who wishes should consider him or herself tagged!


link | posted by La Lecturess at 8:38 PM |


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 6:40 AM~  

ooh, can I do this? This will be the closest I will ever get to being tagged! (christ, am a loser...)

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 12:24 PM~  

By all means! In fact, I insist.

(And incidentally--your current pulp-fiction picture? I have a postcard with that very image on my wall at home.)

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:14 PM~  

Thank you! As for the pulp fiction, well I was divided between that and I'll Get Mine - you seen it?

Blogger BrightStar (B*) commented at 4:44 PM~  

This is kind of different from the one I did... Interesting.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com