(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 06, 2006

Four things meme

Four Jobs I've Had
  1. Page at the local public library (high school)
  2. Mail clerk at an insurance company (summer after my freshman year in college. I hated the company and its fascistic policies so much that I started decorating my mail-sorting cube to resemble hell: orange tagboard river over here to represent Phlegethon, blue tagboard river over there to represent Acheron, etc. Yeah. I was a smart-ass like that.)
  3. Page at the rare books & manuscript library (college work-study job. I'd do photocopy requests for patrons real-l-ly slowly so that I could read the Ezra Pound or Gertrude Stein correspondence they wanted, or examine all those photographs of naked young men Carl Van Vechten had photographed next to African statuary or wearing tribal masks.)
  4. Paralegal (post-college)
See a pattern here? Apparently, I'm good with paper.

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
  1. Chinatown
  2. Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (I'm totally with Margo on this one)
  3. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
  4. Six Degrees of Separation
Four Places I've Lived

Huh. I've lived in exactly three towns or cities in my entire life: the place I grew up in, the place I went to college/grad school, and the place I lived after college/live now.

Four TV Shows I Like or Have Liked

I don't actually have a t.v., but these are high on my list of things to watch on my laptop or chez GWB:
  1. Dave Chappelle's show
  2. Six Feet Under
  3. Ab-Fab
  4. Sopranos
Four Places I've Been on Vacation
  1. Paris
  2. London
  3. Seoul, S. Korea
  4. Culver, Indiana
Four Blogs I Visit Daily

I visit way more than four blogs daily. And while it's true that there are some I read more eagerly than others, there's no need to play favorites.

Four of My Favorite Foods
  1. Granny Smith apples
  2. Salmon
  3. Cheese and crackers
  4. Gin
Four Places I'd Rather Be
  1. Walking up and down the streets of a new-to-me foreign city
  2. In a dimly-lit bar with good music, good friends, and free booze
  3. At Big Football Game, mid-tailgate, in College/Grad School City
  4. Right in this city, but in a larger apartment with GWB, a cat, and a t-t job
Four Albums I Can't Live Without
  1. Talking Heads, Stop Making Sense
  2. Tori Amos, From the Choirgirl Hotel
  3. Peggy Lee & Benny Goodman, Complete Recordings
  4. Morphine, Cure for Pain
Four Vehicles I've Owned

The only vehicle I've ever actually owned was a cobalt-blue Panasonic bicycle. In high school I drove a 1978 Pontiac station wagon and then a slightly more recent GMC "Jimmy." Since then, it's been all about the public transportation, baby.

Four Taggees

Damn. Has anyone not done this yet? If so, consider yourself tagged!


link | posted by La Lecturess at 10:31 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 2:07 PM~  

Oh, but will you ever forgive me for killing the Jimmy? Actually I have no clue why the engine exploded, I was just slowly cruising, but I can't help but think somewhere along the way I did something that made it want to die.

BTW, good hint on the Talking Heads, I just queued some up on my playlist.

Hope to talk to you soon, I will call this weekend if I get a shot.

-scr

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com