(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Obtain a prosperous future

I just received an email entitled, "NEW PHD FOR YOU!"

The text of the message:
UNIVERSITY DIPLOMAS

OBTAIN A PROSPEROUS FUTURE, MONEY-EARNING POWER, AND THE PRESTIGE THAT COMES WITH THE DEGREE YOU HAVE ALWAYS DREAMED OF.

NON-ACCREDITED UNIVERSITIES BASED ON YOUR PRESENT KNOWLEDGE AND LIFE EXPERIENCE.

If you qualify, no tests, study, books or exams.

We have Bachelor's, MBA's, Doctorate & PhD degrees available in your field.

CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED

GO HERE NOW TO GET YOUR DIPLOMA WITHIN 2 WEEKS

Shit. It seems like I got the wrong kind of Ph.D.! I need one based on my present knowledge and life experience! Or maybe what I really need is an MBA in English (they are, apparently, "available in [my] field").


link | posted by La Lecturess at 9:26 AM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Professor B commented at 6:44 PM~  

Ooooh, I used to *love* getting these emails...I always was like "Man, I sure am a sucker for actually going to school to earn my doctorate!"

Blogger Bardiac commented at 9:35 AM~  

Money earning power AND prestige!

Where did I go wrong spending all that time actually writing a dissertation and stuff?

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com