(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, January 06, 2006

Wisdom from the discard pile

I've been doing a complete purge of my files, especially the dissertation-related ones, and I came across this quotation among my notes from what appears to have been a meeting about prospectus-writing and beginning the dissertation:
Fear is the belief that someone is going to throw you off a cliff; anxiety is the belief that you're going to throw yourself off a cliff.
I have no idea who said it (though I have a good guess), or if it's original to that person, but I offer it up for such inspiration as it's worth.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 11:49 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger luckybuzz commented at 12:55 AM~  

That's an excellent quote. I'm wondering, then, if panic is the belief that someone is going to throw you off a cliff before you get a chance to do it yourself...

Blogger Professing Mama commented at 5:06 PM~  

How appropriate, given the way I've been feeling this week. Thanks for sharing.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com