(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Casting out the phone interview demon

Forgot to say that my phone interview earlier this week went very well. I was, I think, genuinely more at ease on the phone than I had been in my first phone interview, but it's also the case that the committee in question was much better at the process than the earlier one.

And that was really what I cared about most: having a comfortable interview, so that I wouldn't be paralyzed with anxiety if and when I had to set up any phone interviews next year. But~~they want me to come to campus!

So, maybe my job search isn't yet completely dead in the water.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 11:23 AM |


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:41 AM~  

Hurrah! You must have been good indeed on the phone interview. When is the campus visit?

Blogger Oso Raro commented at 12:07 PM~  

Ew, the dreaded phone interview. Skoal, girl, good work! I always hate how the speaker phone never picks up everything, how you have no idea how to measure the success of your responses, and then, after 15/20/30 minutes, "click." The only good thing about them is that if you have a lit candle and are discreet (no heavy exhaling into the mouthpiece), you can chain smoke through the entire thing, which is a blessed relief to be sure!

As a medium, phone interviews are a bit screwy. But then again, after my phone interview for my current job, I thought, "Oh well!" Wasn't I surprised when I got the fly-back (and subsequently, the job).

Blogger Ianqui commented at 8:09 PM~  

You make a good point--the people on the other end need to be good at the interviews too. We did about 15 of them between this year and last year, and I'd say it probably took us 5 or 6 before we got the hang of it.

Congrats on the new possibility!

Blogger Chaser commented at 9:37 AM~  

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Blogger timna commented at 12:04 PM~  

Good luck!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com