(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Well, that's what I get . . .

For thinking about teaching right before going to bed:

My first teaching-anxiety dream of the academic year: oh no, today's the first day of classes! And I haven't finished my syllabi! Or planned a discussion! And, oh, shit--I just missed the train I was going to take. And huh, I never made it out to campus, so I don't know where anything is.

Thus follow many attempts to get to campus (train, car rental, etc.), finally ending in success . . . except that of course I have to walk for miles to get to the English department, and nothing is signed and the map I have is imperfect, and the entire rest of the dream is spent going in one building and out another, hiking along paths, suddenly remember things I urgently have to do first in the library, and watching my watch tick down all the while.

Ugh.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 8:52 AM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown commented at 10:17 PM~  

I had one of those too... as have at least 2 other academic bloggers. Could it be contagious? An epidemic? A pandemic? Geez, guess what I'll be having nightmares about tonight :)

Blogger negativecapability commented at 8:37 PM~  

These seem to be going around...mine involved not having had handed out the syllabus two weeks into class.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com