(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, September 26, 2005

Found item

Discovered on the podium in one of my classrooms:

An 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, in the dead center of which is typed

method of tenacity - ostrich
1. method of authority - church
2. a priori

If anyone had any idea what this means, what course it could possibly have been left over from, or what classroom use it could serve, I long to hear from you.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 10:07 PM |


5 Comments:

Blogger luckybuzz commented at 12:04 AM~  

Wow. That post actually brought me out of lurkerhood. I was so intrigued I had to Google it. I *had to*. Couldn't help it. Anyway--it's apparently from a lecture on Charles Sanders Peirce, is my guess. All those words appear here: http://radicalacademy.com/adiphiloessay62.htm, and most of them here: http://publish.uwo.ca/~bfreed/020E/class4.htm

Sorry for geeking out. It's kind of/a little bit my field. :)

Blogger Cheeky Prof commented at 8:48 AM~  

NO idea, but damn amusing!

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 10:37 AM~  

LB, that's fascinating! Thanks for the links. (I still don't know why these items are typed in the middle of an otherwise empty sheet of paper, but that's a mystery I'm less optimistic about clearing up.)

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 4:22 PM~  

What on earth were you talking about? One of you must have been high...

Blogger Kyla commented at 12:55 AM~  

Weird. Good luck with your new job!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com