(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Further dispatches from the midterm party

This is probably only funny to those of you who know the poem, but what the hell.

For the close-reading portion of my midterm, one of the poems my students could choose to analyze was Wyatt's "Whoso list to hunt," the last four lines of which are:
And graven with diamonds in letters plain
There is written, her fair neck round about,
"Noli me tangere, for Caesar's I am,
And wild for to hold, though I seem tame."
One of my students wrote, "The last lines of the poem have French written in them to create a superior feeling. The deer belongs to 'Caesar,' and knows foreign languages, and is too good for the hunter."


link | posted by La Lecturess at 4:10 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Susanna commented at 6:09 PM~  

this is fucking hillarious

Blogger phd me commented at 11:50 PM~  

That is awesome! And somehow so sad...

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com