(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Words I never thought I'd write on a student's paper

"No, you're misreading this: the poet has an erection."


(If you know what I work on, you'll know that I have precious little occasion to talk about penises, or even sex, in my scholarship--so maybe I'm making up for it now in my classes?)


link | posted by La Lecturess at 12:24 AM |


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:07 AM~  

hmmmm (or is that 'mmmmm'?)--i'm intrigued (to say the least). would that more details would come forth, or otherwise be forthcoming.

Blogger Bardiac commented at 10:00 AM~  

Herrick's "The Vine"?

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 3:13 PM~  

Bardiac:

*dingdingdingding*

Give this blogger a prize!

Blogger Bardiac commented at 12:13 PM~  

Oh, I win, I win!

/jumps up and down wildly!

What did I win?

(One of my favorite poems; I love the surprise in the "Ah me!" bit.)

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com