(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Because someone STILL hasn't bought any vermouth

I'm sitting here on Friday night drinking straight gin. Following Sfragett (and Winston Churchill)'s excellent advice, I decided that a damn martini didn't really need any damn vermouth, so long as the whole damn thing was ice-cold.

(It does have olives, though, because I'm the kind of girl whose refrigerator is never without a jar of cocktail olives--and a bunch of other things.)

Any bets on how many sets of reading responses I'll get through before calling it quits?


link | posted by La Lecturess at 12:07 AM |


1 Comments:

Blogger Margo, darling commented at 12:37 AM~  

I stopped by the comment section to gush about how much I loved your post and how totally great GWB sounds and how chewy and satifsying your interactions sound--really, it's such a gift to be with someone you can talk to, and listen to, endlessly. But francofou threw down the gauntlet, so I'll play. Here's how I really feel:

I'm impressed. I'm besides myself with jealousy. What do you want me to do, throw up?

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com