(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Update

Just wanted to say that you guys all rock, and that I'm feeling much better today; your comments have been really helpful--if in part because now I know that I'm not the only one with an inappropriate advisor.

[Sticking fingers in ears: "La la la la la, I can't hear you...!"]


link | posted by La Lecturess at 1:50 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Ianqui commented at 2:50 PM~  

I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday, so I'll just add one more here. My friend in grad school used to dye his hair blue, and his advisor told him that if he didn't stop, she wasn't going to let him work with patients anymore. Up until then, no one had been freaked out by him.

Blogger Unknown commented at 10:50 PM~  

hi LL, I just started reading your blog and wanted to say good luck with your job opportunity - I myself am a recent English Ph.D. (and a medievalist) with a great one-year teaching position on the East Coast, but I struck out for a second time out on the market (although I only had my Ph.D. for this last year). It's rough and I hope that you do really well! It's been nice to read your blog!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com