(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Happy blogiversary to me

Today marks the one-year anniversary of this blog, and also its--I don't want to say "conclusion," but let's say--"transition" into a new space and a slightly different form. It's probably true that it takes a while for any writer to get comfortable with a new genre, and I'm a little embarrassed to read back over my earliest posts--but I'm generally satisfied with the shape of this blog and the voice I've developed. I wish sometimes that I were a different kind of blogger (more on that in an upcoming post in my new space), but I'm just not, at least not right now.

I'm moving, then, not because I want to change anything significant about this blog, but because the title I've given myself and my blog will soon no longer be applicable. However, I'd also like to branch out a little bit in my new space, dealing more explicitly, at least occasionally, with subfield-specific issues. We'll see how that goes.

For now, what I really want to say is a big THANK YOU to all my readers, who number more than I ever would have expected and who have become, in many cases, friends. At my commencement activities last weekend I often caught myself telling my grad school colleagues about various "friends" who had had this or that experience in teaching or going up for tenure--and only belatedly relizing that I didn't know many of those people in real life, or in some cases even their names! And yet it's absolutely true that many of you ARE my friends, and I'm so pleased that I've had the opportunity to get to know all of you and to receive such frequently overwhelming support and encouragement as I've moved from thinking of myself as a grad student to assuming a new identity as a professor.

So consider this an open invitation to come on over and party with me at my new place, Ferule & Fescue. See you on the flip side.


---------------------------------
Vital stats for La Lecturess

Days of existence: 366
Number of posts: 324
Number of site visits: just over 36,000


link | posted by La Lecturess at 3:14 PM |


8 Comments:

Blogger Terminal Degree commented at 5:46 PM~  

Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:21 AM~  

Ugh . . .

Blogger luckybuzz commented at 3:24 PM~  

Happy blogiversary--see you at your new space!

Blogger Margaret commented at 12:08 AM~  

Happy happy. I will definitely visit you at the new blog! Congratulations!

Blogger Chaser commented at 8:56 PM~  

Happy anniversary!!!!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:55 PM~  

Just stumbled upon your blog and thought I'd say hello. Hope you don't mind an unsolicited blogroll!

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:05 PM~  

You haven't updated your Duke lacrosse story since March 2006! Don't you think you're overdue? Lot's happened since then.

Anonymous Vew plante medicinale commented at 5:17 PM~  

Why didn't you continue posting here?!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com