(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 05, 2005

First snow

We had our first snow of the year on Sunday, though it turned quickly to slush and the air had that damp, bone-chilling cold in it that I associate with winter in Northwest City more than with winter out here.

I slogged out to noon mass, then treated myself to brunch at the diner across the street from the church, where I finished grading the last three papers for my survey. Took the train down to Dynamic D's and she and I drank a bottle of champagne and watched How to Marry a Millionaire. Good fluffy fun, though Lauren Bacall's the best thing in that movie and her talents are a bit wasted.

Then back here, where I avoided completing the reading for my survey.

More snow tonight, and probably lots of it.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 7:02 AM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Bardiac commented at 11:34 PM~  

I love the first snow, especially when it first falls, before cars drive over the streets.

If it's hitting in the middle of the night, lit only by a bit of moonlight, it's the absolute best time ever to go out and play fetch with an enthusiastic dog.

Why can't we have the pleasure without the bone chilling nasty cold?

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 11:12 AM~  

I'd love a day of snow. We're getting temps in the 30s at night but in the day it still goes into the 60s.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com