(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Reasons to date a libertarian

Yes, there are disadvantages. But they also tend to say things like, "You know, I expect my office calls to be monitored. But from here on out I'm answering my home phone with: 'Good morning, fuck the NSA!'"


link | posted by La Lecturess at 9:40 PM |


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 1:17 PM~  

I must admit, I kept re-reading this entry, wondering why on earth a librarian would expect his or her calls at the library to be monitored.

I'm blaming it on the hangover.

-scr

Blogger Bardiac commented at 2:46 PM~  

LOL, I totally love the phone answering.

But seriously, people who know how to find information are just wonderful in so many ways. Who WOULDN'T want to date a librarian??

Blogger Bardiac commented at 9:00 PM~  

LOL, I made the same mistake! I read "librarian" and not "libertarian."

/sigh

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 9:07 PM~  

Bro: YOU of ALL PEOPLE should have read that correctly. I'll let the hangover excuse slide just this once. . .

Bardiac: I wondered if that was the case, but then assumed that you were just waxing rhapsodic about librarians after my brother's mistake. I do in fact have two close friends who are librarians (one of whom is also a libertarian!), and they do indeed rock, but I'm not dating either one of them. At least, not that I know of.

Blogger Bardiac commented at 9:41 AM~  

I like to think you'd know...

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com