(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 25, 2005

Hmmm.

It's 9.30, and I want to be in bed by 11 p.m. I COULD sit down with this nice new print-out of my first chapter and start what I hope will be my next-to-last round of edits.

Or I could instead make myself a martini and read trashy magazines until I fall asleep (not like I wasn't already falling asleep on the train home from Schmancy, even with five people around me speaking extremely loud, Hebrew-accented French).

Which one do you think is going to win out?


link | posted by La Lecturess at 9:38 PM |


4 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) commented at 11:05 PM~  

magazine / martini -- what do I win?

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 7:16 AM~  

Alas for B*, I went with an unexpected Option C: gin-and-tonic and calling my folks. Though the magazine did make a 15-minute appearance until I fell into a deep sleep which featured--no joke!--a dream about taking care of someone's new hamster. (It didn't go well.)

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 7:33 AM~  

Tell me about it! Today I can a) sort out my stupid awkward religious movement I'm researching, or start on the new Harpers & Queen. But unlike me, you've been working hard (you must have been do produce chpt 1), so treat yourself!

Blogger BrightStar (B*) commented at 7:35 AM~  

G&T is a perfect summer drink!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com