(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 22, 2005

Jury Duty: Postscript

Forgot to mention the best thing about jury duty: getting a copy of--I kid you not--a publication entitled, "Jury Pool News." Apparently it's a monthly newsletter. For whom? Those poor people sequestered on months-long trials? Believe me, I'd be wanting something new to read long before then.

I suspect that the first seven pages of "journalism" ("State Court Celebrates Diversity"!) are actually just an excuse for the crossword puzzle that takes up the entire back page. A nice guesture, the puzzle, but the clues are so easy ("___ King Cole") that I don't think it would really help anyone kill much time.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 11:10 PM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:38 AM~  

I think you should take a copy of Crime and Punishment and look meaningfully at anyone who glances your way...

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com