(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Just give me my goddamn money!

Newest entry in the category of: We Know How to Spend Your Money Better Than You.

I just went to INRU's online student account system to request the refund, into my checking account, of the second half of my Stafford loan: $1,000. I knew it had been disbursed, since the financial services department had sent me an email to that effect a few days ago, but when I got to my account it showed a balance of . . . $140.

Why? Because the financial services department, in all its paternalistic wisdom, had AUTOMATICALLY, without asking me, deducted my fall registration fee of some $280 (not due until September) and my insurance/prescription drug coverage of some $580 (which I'm planning on waiving, since I'll have bennies from BUU--and the waiver for which is ALSO NOT DUE UNTIL SEPTEMBER).

I've emailed them a fierce message and I'll call them tomorrow--but who knows if it can be corrected.

Hate financial services. HATE.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 9:05 PM |


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:35 AM~  

Tell me about it...am trying to get funding for next year and its looking impossible. Apparently, I don't need it. How do they know? Why because they just. do.

Blogger BrightStar (B*) commented at 7:50 AM~  

grrrr.... that is just awful. although, unfortunately, I am not surprised.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com