(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 25, 2005

Home again, exhausted again

Finally back home, after a weekend in Quaint Smallish City, whence I went directly to Schmancy this morning on about five hours of sleep.

Had a nice weekend with GWBoyfriend, though we didn't do much--rented Chris Rock's Bring the Pain on Friday and went out to see Wedding Crashers on Saturday, both of which provided much-needed levity in between what was otherwise a work weekend. He was finishing up an article and I was trying to finish up my revisions to Ch. 1, the latter of which got pretty ugly as I realized, AGAIN, that the introduction wasn't doing what I needed it to do and GWB had to talk me down from the ledge. I think it's okay now, or at least okay enough, but it still feels rather stitched together. Hoping to have it in the bin by the end of the week.

Today I gave my brown-bag lunch talk on my research at Schmancy for an audience made up of a bunch of the library staff and some of the other fellows, and I think it went pretty well--had to give a lot of background on Neglected Author and this particular work's complicated textual history before I could get into the importance of this one document that Schmancy holds, but I think I mostly kept it lively and accessible. It was nice to meet the rare books curator, who seemed delighted to learn more about this odd item they hold--as well as to find out that the kids today are still learning old-fashioned textual editing. Hey, gotta represent.

(Oh, and the damn photographer was also on hand again--the library, seriously, must now have two dozen shots of me doing various serious researchy things. What's the deal??)


link | posted by La Lecturess at 7:23 PM |


1 Comments:

Blogger BrightStar (B*) commented at 11:07 PM~  

weird about the photographer, but cool about your brown bag!

maybe the photographer should ask you to sign some sort of release form?

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com