(But our beginnings never know our ends!)

Email: lecturess[AT]gmail[DOT]com

Recent Posts Things I Read and/or People I Like

Late Spring To-Do List

  • Read scholarly book #1
  • Read scholarly book #2
  • Catch up on professional journals
  • Administer evaluations
  • Grade seminar research papers
  • Write two final exams
  • Grade final exams
  • Compute final grades
  • Order books for fall
  • Find apartment in New City
  • Attend INRU Commencement!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2005

HP tidbit

I'm not a Harry Potter reader, and I have neither positive nor negative feelings toward the series, but I thought I'd pass along this item I saw last time I was in Quaint Smallish City:

An expensive, late-model car that appeared to have a Bush/Cheney '04 bumper sticker on it--not surprising, in a wealthy community with a significant military presence. When I looked at it again, though, I saw that while the lettering and flag placement and everything exactly matched the Bush/Cheney stickers, what this one actually said was: Cheney/Voldemort '04.


link | posted by La Lecturess at 8:52 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger La Lecturess commented at 9:39 PM~  

That's awesome, Dr. C! I hope to see it some day.

I myself have an old old sticker that I found in my grandparents' house when I was a teenager reading, "The Nation Needs Nixon." I'd totally put that on a car, if I had one.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 3:24 PM~  

For those who might be interested, the campaign has been changed to Cheney/Voldemort 2008.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com